Had MRI yesterday, should get results today.
If he sees new lesions, I will have to go BACK in the hospital for the 6 day ATCH treatment since I am allergic to IVSM VIEW IMAGE
Now I regret even calling him, only because my leg is moving better today, and even if I do have new lesions, I cannot go to the hospital every time this happens!! I want to take care of myself, but geez, I have not even paid my last bill! Hubby made me call right away, but shouldn't I wait at least 48 hours ???
AND, if there ARE new lesions, and since I am on Betaseron (although only 3 months), he is thinking progression and need to go to Chans (sp?) Hospital in Gainesville and gave me a packet of info on Novantrone!! VIEW IMAGE
Jena, I sure would be carefully questioning the doctor. First of all, the ATCH is an old (but admittedly effective treatment). I don't know that I'd do much more than wait, particularly if your leg is improving. And if you've only been on Betaseron fo 3 months, I'd be questioning that, too. Usually it's at least 6 months, even longer, to really begin to see if there is a slowing or reduction in benefits.
He sounds ready to treat this pretty aggressively...given how long you've had MS, I don't know that I'd be too eager to do that.
...I am not a doctor, nor health professional, and don't pretend to be one, here.....