New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Regular Member

Date Joined Aug 2006
Total Posts : 20
   Posted 11/18/2006 9:07 AM (GMT -6)   
Hi all, 
Sorry I haven't posted in a while, lots of health problems in the family. Finally things have slowed down.
I decided to get copies of my mri of c-spine and csf test. Not sure what to think now and need your help. My Dr had told me to wait 6 months from my last mr (which was in Aug) to get a repeat of my neck and do a brain mr. So I haven't even had a brain mr yet.
In my report, the radiologist says his "differential diagnosis included focal areas of myelitis, or post viral myelitis, or could also represent acute enhancing lesions of demyelination to suggest multiple sclerosis. Close follow-up is recommended to follow up the progression of these lesions. MR with contrast could be performed withing a short interval suggested in 4-6 weeks, or earlier if clinically indicated."
Under the impression he wrote basically the same thing except put possible tranxverse myelitis, post viral myelitis, or acute enhancing lesions of demyelination such as a mass. Suggested a head MR as well as a follow-up c-spine in a short interval of time.
My csf report shows that all IGG test were high. These are hard to understand. It also shows under oligo bands 10 and is starred like it's a high value too.
My question is....with the radiologist suggesting several times repeating test in a short interval of 4-6 weeks, why is my DR waiting until Feb. to repeat my c-spine and he has never even done a brain MRI?
I would like to know if i have any lesions on my brain, why hasn't he done one? My hands have been numb for over 5 months. Some days better some worse. I have painful headaches and always tired but I don't feel these are reasons to call my Doc.  Any advice on on a possible next step would be greatly appreciated.    Thanks

Veteran Member

Date Joined Jun 2005
Total Posts : 2135
   Posted 11/18/2006 10:43 AM (GMT -6)   
If those were my test results, I'd be back in front of my neuro, for an explanation and follow-up MRI's. If your current doctor isn't willing to do it, you might find another.
...I am not a doctor, nor health professional, and don't pretend to be one, here.....

Regular Member

Date Joined Aug 2006
Total Posts : 20
   Posted 11/18/2006 10:49 AM (GMT -6)   
Thank you so much uppity,

It's hard not knowing what to do next. Thank you for the reassurance in what to do. You really do help others. Hope all is well with you this weekend:)

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Tuesday, August 21, 2018 9:30 PM (GMT -6)
There are a total of 2,995,338 posts in 328,257 threads.
View Active Threads

Who's Online
This forum has 161325 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, OP_princess.
306 Guest(s), 14 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
borrelioburgdorferii, Nick_69, trekkar, Honeybus, ppm guy, JohnMorales, Hoagie, BillyBob@388, petittarte, Pratoman, Chutz, F8, T.S. Eliot, borborygmi