as u all know im adjusting to the bag and the stoma, i'm going tomorrow to get my cathetar removed but i have a question about cutting to fit. My stoma has been shrinking and as i stilll have this huge red ring in it its kind of difficult to cut to fit. Here are a few questions:
1) How do u know if uv cut too small? as in if the hole is too tight around ur stoma? I had a slight leak this morning and decided to change the bag, and when i did, there was like blood around the edges of my stoma where it comes out of my belly. Are ther any signs to know if its too tight? I thought that absolutely no skin was supposed to be visible thru the flange.
2) When i do change the bag the skin directly around the stoma where it comes out of the belly has what my nurse said was the residue from the flange, i try to clean it as much as possible, but it seems as tho i cant get it all off. Is this ok? or will it cause problems?
3) For anyone who has had a catheter, does the holes where the catheter goes thru stay open? will there always b holes in the side of my stoma?
4) Somebody in the crohns forum was swearing by this product called just a drop. I googled it and i was wondering if anyone has tried it in their bag?
5) does removal of the cathetar hurt?
Thanks u guys n e help u can offer would b appreciated
25 y/o female- crohns disease since 14
Ileostomy pending-very worried
Tried asacol,pentasa,prednisone,remicade,6mp,azasan, no avail
Worst year ever!
"For God has not given us the spirit of fear....."
Where does mine come from?!
Temp Ileostomy performed 1/29/08
Healingwell.com has been my Godsend...Thank you