I appreciate the replies.. I do know that it's easier & healthier to
have surgery when one is not "sick". I think for me, to opt for surgery when I'm not doing too badly is just not gonna happen. I'm waiting for my GI to call me back right now. Lord knows what he'll say, but I just don't think the time is right for me to do it. It's always going to be an option, which is nice. And I now know so much about it I feel like I could do it myself! It may be cowardly, it may be false hope on my part.... Sue, you did hit the nail on the head- I just don't feel that my quality of life is so awful now to merit surgical intervention. Ugh... I hate this!
PS- I feel better- just spoke with my GI & explained what's going on (or not going, for that matter!). He told me what I already know, that basically I have to make the decision myself, & that if I don't feel like my quality of life is bad enough to do it, then don't do it. He also told me to keep doing what I'm doing, re. med-wise, & that he wanted to see me in a month or so. I told him I hoped he didn't think I was crazy.. he laughed & said I was crazy in a good way!