Thanks Sue. I called the FL clinic today, but it sounds iffy about
whether I'm even a candidate. I appreciate the info. After today (two days in a row of fever, more pain and increase bleeding), 5 days into my third Tysabri infusion... I am ready to throw in the white flag. I so much want my life back!
Thanks so much again to all of you who share your experiences here on this board. It's very helpful and makes me feel not so alone! Actually, I have a friend nearby, (I met online) who is also more than likely getting an ileostomy this summer with the same surgeon. Who knows, maybe we can make it fun. ha!
--40 year old female, dx as UC in '04 (1st symptoms in '03), switched to Crohn's in '05, 1 fistula, crohn's colitis, limited to large intestine
--rejected (reaction/didn't work): Asacol, AZA, 6-MP, MTX, Remicade, Humira, prednisone
--stuck on methylprednisolone, tried Prochymal in Phase III study (can't wait til it's approved!)
--started Tysabri 3/21/08
--single mom to 10-year-old girl