Thank you all for the kind words and the well wishes. I live about 130 miles from the hospital so I guess that is why they are checking me in that early, I just figure they won't start the clean out till later so was confused why I needed to be there at 10:00 a.m. Just seems like I will have a lot of time sitting in a hospital thinking about it all.
I can't wait to stop taking all these meds. The surgeon and GI want me to keep taking them till Monday I guess, just to make sure that even with my flaring that it doesn't get any worse. Actually this week has been mild so far (that is no help with this thinking it over and over thing) My biggest fear was that I would have this week as a week without any symptoms which would have driven me crazy second guessing my decision.
I will keep updating on here, I take my laptop with me everywhere I go and I should be able to leach internet off of the hospital. Yeah, I know I am such a computer geek. Not sure how much posting I will be able to do Tuesday or Wednesday but by Friday if all is well I should be able to drop a quick note.
Suebear, I see you have the j-pouch, if you want to give me some pros and cons about it I would appreciate it. I am not sure I want to go that route, I am worried that I will face the same problems I have now (urgency, incontinence and such). Most of the employment I get into tends not to have exclusive access to facilities immediately so those two symptoms would possibly cause problems. Just some research I will be doing in the next three months or so to make the next decision.
- Diagnosed with UC 2003 (but had sympoms as far back as1993)
- Hospitalized 3/08 for sepsis, 7 days ICU due to complication brought on by prolonged use of steroids
- Current status = flair (no remission in five years)
- Prednisone 40 mgs
- Asacol 1200mg three times a day
- Protonix 40 mg twice a day
- Levbid 0.375 twice a day
- Calcium 600 mg