Ugh........ So the wound clinic saw me today as an emergency appt. and they put a moldable convex on me. That was at 3pm and by 530 it was already off. I just dont understand. Im cant do this anymore. I am soooo sore and nothing is going to work on me. Im so down and feel soooo lost.
Might I suggest a couple of things? What do you wash/dry the skin area around the stoma with? Wash cloths, 4x4's, etc? I use Viva soft/absorbant paper towels. There is no possibility of residue from laundry soap or softener in them. I also use an adhesive remover pad around the stoma on the skin before I wash w/ soap and water, to remove an residue or build up from the previous wafer.
1. remove wafer
2. use adhesive remover wipe, then just use a folded piece of TP to wipe that off
3. use one papertowel folded 4 times, like a washcloth, with warm water and soap
4. use second paper towel to wipe off the soap, rinse the skin well.
5. use last paper towel to blot the area dry
6. use a portion of EAkin Seal, like you would use the stomahesive paste, just a little around the hole opening of the wafer
**7. apply wafer, make sure the skin is pulled tight, like away from the stoma (I can try to explain this better if you don't understand) --- well stand up really straight and be sure there are no wrinkles under the area where you are placing the wafer, pressing all around it for about a minute to make sure it adheres, even right around the stoma. some use a blow dryer on a warm setting too.
8. snap on bag.
Please let me know if I can help you to resolve this. Did you try a convex wafer? I didn't have any luck with the moldable ones that end up "turtlenecking" around the stoma.
I will check back in the morning.
Diagnosed with CD in 1979, many resections and meds
Perm Ileostomy July 1984 at Cleveland Clinic
Disease free since surgery