thanks so much, little lady (you are a little lady!). well the prolapse of my rectum caused the whole outlet to be blocked, so before the STARR even when i took the strongest laxatives, when the stools was finally reaching the rectum it would get stuck and only if it was liqiud then it could pass, but i had to push it out REAL HARD even though it was liquid.
after the STARR for the first 2-3 mons i actually had spontaneous bms, they were small amounts, but still, they were spontaneous!! after 13 yrs of forgeting what a spontaneous bm is, it was amazing for me to have those, it actually seemed like a miracle to me, lol. but then it gradually but pretty quickly began to return to the way it was, but that's b/c the major prob is that my colon itself is paralized and not pushing the stools, so the stools doesn't even reach the rectum for at least 8-10 days. i never felt any urge to go befor the STARR too, so i know my colon was paralized way back before the STARR.
but the STARR still was a good thing, cause now when i take laxatives, when the stools reach the rectum it can pass through. the defecography i did 6 mons after the STARR showed i have no prolapse anymore, just a very minimal level of anismus though. so at least now i can have relief with the laxatives, but still the colon has to go.
i don't have a date yet for surgery. things are taking too long to happen and it's really frustrating. my drs had a final consultation 2 mons ago and they said surgery is certainly an option, but they want me to see a psychiatrist first to make sure i'm ready emotionally for this kind of surgery. well my gi noticed that ever since he mentioned the word surgery i got in to a lot of anxiaty, he just couldn't help not noticing that, and it's true, i was in a lot of anxiaty for the last few mons, but i feel like i'm so over it now and ready for surgery.
my gi told me he'd let me know when i can start my sessions, but it's already been 2 mons and he hasn't called yet. oh.. the frustration of waiting........ honestly, i feel i can't wait anymore, so i'm planing to call him this coming sunday (he was gone for the holydays) - i hope he's back, and tell him that i don't want to wait anymore and i want to go a head with the surgery as soon as possible.
say a prayer for me on sunday that he'll agree with me.
i'm looking forward to hear about your progress too.
06/05/2007 - STARR procedure
colonic inertia w/ pelvic floor dysfunction