I like to go to Web MD for info. That's webmd.com. Not sure if they have a visual or not. My colon surgeon has a lot of visual aids in her office. Call your doctor, he/she might be able to loan you a DVD or something. Or call your local library.
- Diagnosed with rectal cancer, April 1999 - Stage I, no treatment necessary
(5 hour colon resection: 90% sigmoid removed, 15 inches of colon removed, gall bladder removed, given temporary colostomy)
- Colostomy reversal, June 1999
- Left with IBS/D symptoms, multiple bm's every day
- On a low residue diet at least 75% of the time
- Takes Colace 50 mg each evening
All in all I do okay, I just use the bathroom A LOT! But I survived and beat cancer!