Cecilia and Chassity, you are so right, and Cecilia I'm so sorry that happened to you! That must've been very scary and very painful!! Here it is 4am and I'm sitting here with a partial blockage and lots of pain. I can't sleep so I thought I'd put a heating pad on my stomach as I know this is what they always tell me to try first. I hope it works because right now I can tell it's a partial, but I'm afraid if it doesn't clear soon it will turn into a full blockage. Your story really scared me into thinking I want to get it done on MY time so I can determine the when and the where and the who (as far as what dr. does the surgery.) You really gave me something to think about
Thanks Cher for your words of kindness and support, they mean so much to me!
NASCARon, I never thought of getting a second opinion and to be honest I probably won't. I trust my surgeon explicitly as she has so much experience and she's done all my previous surgeries. Honestly, even though I should probably get a second opinion, I probably won't. I'm too scared now and just want to get it done.... After seeing the pictures she gave me of how small it is and how it's kinked (at a 90 degree angle), I'm afraid to put anything in my mouth, I'm very scared to eat anything because now everything looks like a danger food. I'm so paranoid now I just want it fixed so I can resume my life. I have complete trust and confidence in my surgeon.
So Hodaya, Tuesday I will find out more about
this when I go see her and ask her what the success rate is, but I know she'll tell me that with my case being so difficult it's a tough call. I guess though if she said there's a 5% chance it won't go right and I'll end up with a bag, that there's a 95% chance everything will be fine. What would you do??? You were right on with what they would do during surgery. I think they have to cut out that part and reconnect it. I'll know for sure on Tuesday.
Thanks to everyone for your support!
35 years old
Chronic Lifetime Constipation
Diagnosed IBS - 1995
Rectal Prolapse - February 2007
Rectosigmoid Colectomy w/low anterior Anastomosis - March 13, 2007
Diagnosed with Colonic Inertia - June 08
Total Colectomy - September 22, 2008
Temporary Ileostomy due to small bowell perforation Septepmber 29, 2008
Ileostomy Reversal - December 15, 2008
Multiple Small Bowel Abscesses-December 22, 2008
Leak at original Anastamosis -December 25, 2008
JP Drain removed - January 23, 2009
Still adjusting to life without my large intestine...
The whole world is at your feet; so paint your toenails Red!
Post Edited (2 RIS K) : 5/31/2009 4:45:54 AM (GMT-6)