You could try:
- instant mashed potatoes (instead of from scratch potatoes, don't ask me why instant works better, it just does for me!)
- white rice
- chicken pot pies
- Pepperidge Farm Bordeaux
cookies (again, don't ask me why but these
cookies are good for adding bulk, they come in the tall bags, about
12 to a bag)
- Bay's plain english muffins (found in the chilled section near cream cheese)
- monterey jack cheese with club crackers
- club crackers just by themselves!
- marshmallows and/or rice krispie treats
- cottage cheese
- plain white bakery bread
Also, Caltrate chewable calcium pills with Vitamin D. Avoid the ones with magnesium, mag seems to irritate people having trouble with D.
You will notice that most of the foods listed above are white in color. My husband jokes I'm on a white diet. But it is true, most of my go-to foods are white!
Hope you find relief soon!
- Diagnosed with rectal cancer, April 1999 - Stage I, no treatment necessary
(5 hour colon resection: 90% sigmoid removed, 15 inches of colon removed, gall bladder removed, given temporary colostomy)
- Colostomy reversal, June 1999
- Left with IBS/D symptoms, multiple bm's every day
- On a low residue diet at least 75% of the time
- Takes Colace 50 mg each evening
All in all I do okay, I just use the bathroom A LOT! But I survived and beat cancer!
Post Edited (Marsky) : 6/6/2009 6:31:39 PM (GMT-6)