I had been doing so well until about a month ago. I developed a rash around the stoma and went to the wound nurse who gave me prescription cream. Well, I went out of town and then all hell broke loose. My rash got worse--- and caused the wafer to fall apart. I had two leaks and then began to have to change bag everyday.
I am supposed to have step 2 next Tues. I am now taking Diflucan and the doctor said that if the fungal rash doesn't clear up by Monday, he is postponing the surgery... Argh!
The nurses have been great - We changed products- no more paste or skin prep -- now i am using Eakin seals and an absorbent pad that doesn't stick to the skin. I have to tape the pad down.... What a mess!
Any ideas or suggestions?? I am so frustrated.
Pancolitis, DX October 06
Lexapro, Synthroid, Protonix- NO MORE PRED!!!
Surgery March 13th- Total Colectomy
Jpouch surgery to be done in 3 steps
Step 2- June 23rd
Step 3- TBA