- What is expected of being on time?
- How do you visit others…family, friends, etc?
o Do you call ahead, just drop in?
- Is there anything considered taboo in regards to being late? No showing?
- Can you give some examples of body language?
o What are some of your normal actions/behaviors and what is socially acceptable? What behaviors/actions are not acceptable?
o Do you feel you have specific forms of body language?
- How is personal space respected?
o How close do you stand to one another?
- Do you feel there are social standards in regards to social interactions?
- Can you give me examples of greetings? How do you greet someone:
o You just met?
o Who is an acquaintance?
o Who is a relative?
o Who is a peer?
§ Do you hug, shake hands, kiss, etc.?
o Can you tell me about gestures, smiling, eye contact, emotional expression?
- What happens around:
- Are there any clothing customs? Jewelry?
- Are there any specific meals or foods that are a must-have for certain events or holidays?
- Are there foods that are a specific with children or for a specific age group?
- What are the family dynamics like?
o Male and female roles.
o Parental and child/sibling roles.
o Are there specific responsibilities or responsibilities of children?
o What happens when you turn 18?
o What are legal or ethical/societal ages that seem to be milestones?
- What classifies ‘family’?
- What happens with elderly family members?
- What does your family do when faced with a crisis?
What behaviors, actions, beliefs, etc. are considered taboo?
- What are the main holidays and traditions?
If you saw a therapist from the states would there be anything specific you would like for me to know in regards to your culture so I can better understand you?
: ) Robin