Darlene, thank you so much for the update. I am devastated to learn that Lizzie is on her way back to the ER. I'm praying so much for her, and I hope that the doctors can get this taken care of once and for all. Keep us posted!
I will copy/paste your message into the other thread so that everyone is sure to see it.
Life-long GI problems.
- 2004: Motility problems took over my life (I was 18). Tons of doctors later...
- July 2007: Diagnosed with colonic inertia at the Mayo Clinic
- November 2007: Total colectomy with ileorectal anastomosis; IV lipids, PICC TPN
- Post-op: Better, initially. Motility slowed again 8 months after surgery. I currently have chronic debilitating pain due to a small intestine dysmotility.
- May 2010: Doctors suspect rectal dysmotility; another manometry scheduled for the 18th; sigmoidoscopy scheduled for the 26th (checking for strictures around the anastomosis).
Currently trying to figure out what my physical abilities will allow me to do career-wise. Psalm 73:26 - My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.