Lizzie has been scheduled for surgery tomorrow, Wednesday, August 18...many, many prayers are needed. Dr. Luca Stocchi will be operating. She does not know what time surgery will be yet, but Dr. Stocchi did come and talk with her for awhile. He said that this is going to be a very long and delicate procedure.
Pray for a smooth and flawless surgery, that there would be NO complications, that Lizzie's body would respond well to everything that is done. Pray also for guidance and wisdom for Dr. Stocchi and all of the other doctors in the OR. Pray that he would be able to make the best ileostomy in the history of ileostomies, remove all adhesions; pray against any infections, abscesses, clots, and hemorrhages. Pray for a full recovery and complete healing.
Pray for peace, comfort, and encouragement for Lizzie and her family. This will be her sixth major abdominal surgery since January 2008.
Thank you all so much and I will let you know more details as I get them.
Love to all!
Life-long GI problems.
- 2004: Motility problems completely took over my life (I was 18). Tons of doctors later...
- July 2007: Diagnosed with colonic inertia, small bowel dysmotility, delayed gastric emptying, rectal dyssynergia at the Mayo Clinic
- November 2007: Total colectomy with ileorectal anastomosis; IV lipids, PICC TPN
- Post-op: Better, initially. Motility slowed again 8 months after surgery. I currently have chronic debilitating pain due to a small bowel dysmotility.
- September 2008: Barium study shows dilated small bowel loops (4.9cm), indicative of partial obstructions
- May 2010: Doctors suspect worsening rectal dysmotility; manometry inconclusive; rectal biopsies normal
- June 2010: Biofeedback (entire pelvic floor in full spasm...PT has quite the project on her hands!)
Currently trying to figure out what my physical abilities will allow me to do career-wise. Psalm 73:26 - My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.