Posted 9/24/2010 12:09 AM (GMT -6)
I wanted to see if anyone has ever heard of or experienced this: a friend of mine had an end ileostomy done five weeks ago (diagnosis is not an IBD), and a large bump/growth has come up on the side of the stoma. Some stool, but not much, is coming out of this bump, and the size of it makes getting a wafer on and adhering properly a challenge. She does have a follow-up with her surgeon today (Friday), but I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas as to what that is all about.
Thank you so much!
Life-long GI problems.
- 2004: Motility problems completely took over my life (I was 18). Tons of doctors later...
- July 2007: Diagnosed with colonic inertia, small bowel dysmotility, delayed gastric emptying, rectal dyssynergia at the Mayo Clinic
- November 2007: Total colectomy with ileorectal anastomosis; IV lipids, PICC TPN
- Post-op: Better, initially. Motility slowed again 8 months after surgery. I currently have chronic debilitating pain due to a small bowel dysmotility.
- September 2008: Barium study shows dilated small bowel loops (4.9cm), indicative of partial obstructions
- May 2010: Doctors suspect worsening rectal dysmotility; manometry inconclusive; rectal biopsies normal
- June 2010: Biofeedback (entire pelvic floor in full spasm...PT has quite the project on her hands!)
Currently trying to figure out what my physical abilities will allow me to do career-wise. Psalm 73:26 - My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.