I hope it can help get everyone in the same spot again!
Rosemary, I read somewhere that there's a possibility of a future cruise to Russia. If that happens, and I hope it does, I will need to see pictures! February 2007 was when I completely hit a wall and life totally stopped. I had been very sick since 2003, but February 2007 was the point of no return. That summer I was supposed to go to Russia for three weeks with an organization called GAiN (Global Aid Network, a ministry of Campus Crusade). The trip was to start in Moscow, then go all throughout Siberia, going from orphanage to orphanage to help out, hold those precious children, and bring food and supplies. I still hope to go someday when I'm well, but out of all the things I have missed out on being sick, that one was the hardest to let go of. I hope and pray your years of cruising continue without complication or interruption!
Have you ever had issues with your stoma retracting? What are the approximate dimensions of your stoma? Does it change with peristalsis? I just want this done right the first time to help ensure as few surgeries as possible!
Hodaya, I am so sorry to hear you are still having problems. I hope the appointment with the CC-trained surgeon goes well and that he knows just what to do! Please keep us posted!
I called and rescheduled my secret recon appointment with my surgeon for next Wednesday because I tested positive for Strep...not something I need to be sharing with ANYONE in a surgeon's office! Thank you all for posting questions I should ask, sharing your experiences, and bringing up all the problems that can occur with a loop ileo.
The nutrition team at Cleveland is deciding which route to take to get Lizzie's nutrition where it needs to be. Before doing TPN, they will have to do tests on her vessels because of her history of clots. The other possibility is tube feeds. If they go that route, she will have a tube down her nose at first to see if her system will tolerate the tube feeds. If she does ok, a J-tube may be next. Those are the possibilities as of now...they still have lots of tests to run and decisions to make, so keep praying for wisdom and direction for her doctors. I'll update as they know more.