Thanks guys - I'm unsure why they had to move my appointment, but I am assuming it is partly since I am a new patient and I think those who are already surgical patients take precedence over new people. My mom called this morning and spoke to the PA, who said Dr. Thacker had to be in the OR during that time and it was unavoidable. My mom said she was very apologetic and knows I have been waiting a long time, and spent 20 minutes going through her schedule to find another date that was not "late september", and they scheduled me for Friday September 9th. She said she was marking the appointment as "DO NOT CANCEL" and she noted that I had already been canceled on twice. If they even TRY to move this appointment that is IT and I would absolutely see someone else.
As much as I do not want to wait, we have heard only good things about
this surgeon's skills (maybe not her communication skills) and she is supposed to be clinically excellent. My mom wants to give it one more shot before we go through the process of getting my records transferred again and seeing a different person.
The only thing that worries me about
waiting so long is, this is for a second opinion. I don't know how it all works, but if another surgeon has already offered to do the surgery if I decided that is what I wanted...is there a certain amount of time that a surgeon's offer remains on the table? If he gave me his card and told me he would do the surgery - can I wait 3-4 or even 5 months to decide? Or would I have to start all over at square one. I know this doesn't make a lot of sense but basically I feel worried that if I wait too long he will "forget" that he said he'd do the surgery! Though, it is noted in my records that I met with him and he said he would do it should I choose to.
On the bright side, at least now I don't have to have a rectal exam on my birthday...
Post Edited (Alibee) : 8/17/2011 10:04:35 AM (GMT-6)