I feel for you, I was in a similar situation. I had emergency sugery to remove my colon b/c of what was thought to be UC. Pathology came back being more consistent with Crohn's but not 100%. My surgeron said no to JPouch but being that I was only 30 at the time I wanted to find a surgeon that would do J pouch. I found one and he said as long as I had no inflamation in small int. and minimal in rectum he would do it. Although I had bad inflamation in the rectum he was still willing to do the Jpouch. However, the more I thought about
it and researched it I decided to stay with perm. illeo. I was feeling great with it and being that I have two small children it seemed like the right decision for my family. If I had to make the decision over again I would still go for the perm. illeo. Obviously you have to do what is right for you but for me the illeo was a small sacrafice for good health.
Good luck I know it is not an easy decision when you are at that point.
All the best,