Looking for a good product

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

New Member

Date Joined Dec 2005
Total Posts : 2
   Posted 12/23/2005 6:07 PM (GMT -6)   
My colostomy is at my belt line on my stomach (because I was pregnant at the time) and because of this, I often get leaks because I am bending there.  I currently use the Coloplast products they gave me in the hospital but I have heard that there are some really good flexible flanges that mold to the skin and cause little leakage.  Can anyone suggest a product they like?

Medic Frank
Regular Member

Date Joined Oct 2005
Total Posts : 37
   Posted 12/24/2005 2:07 PM (GMT -6)   
I used the Hollister Flextend with good success. My stoma was near my belly button and would often leak there. A friend on this forum suggested using an Eakin seal in conjunction with the flange and it worked great. The Eakin seal comes in a disc shaped form. I would cut a pie shaped piece and place it in the crease near my belly button and then apply the flange. The Eakin seal held it from leaking up to 6 days. I also used the stoma adhesive paste with good success. Good luck!
New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Monday, September 24, 2018 7:07 AM (GMT -6)
There are a total of 3,006,008 posts in 329,292 threads.
View Active Threads

Who's Online
This forum has 161818 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, demonsss.
270 Guest(s), 6 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
HeartsinPain, BangedUp, sandyfeet, MG0351, ks1905, Szabo246