Today we got our 3rd opinion and everyone is in agreement. My husband's colon and rectum will need to be removed due to his uncreative colitis over the last 9 years and the development of low grade dysplasia throughout his colon and rectum. The surgeon suggested we not wait long so after the holidays we will be scheduling his surgery.
The surgeon said that my husband was a good candidate for a J-Pouch. Before we enter into this next phase of our lives I would like to hear your stories. I realize that everyone is different and everyone's situation isn't the same. The surgeon said that with ample time to heal from both surgeries my husband could resume his normal every day activities with minimal restrictions. My husband is 65 and in good physical condition. We hope that because he's feeling good and not in any pain, not bleeding, not losing weight, etc. that this will work to his benefit going into surgery. If the biopsy findings were different and had not revealed dysplasia he probably would continue on like he is and not have surgery. However, he is at very high risk of colon cancer so surgery is necessary.
Thank you all in advance for your comments.
Post Edited (fidsandfrats) : 11/20/2017 9:25:02 PM GMT