I have been diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease in Feb 2002 @ the age of 59 yrs and I have been taken treatment for the same since last 8 yrs. Currently, I am treated by Neurologist specialist. My present age is 65 years.
Last week I was hospitalized for 2 weeks and my medications were changed (few of the medications had been withdrawn) but after that I was not keeping that well with new medications...
But even with the new medications I have been experiencing the rigidity in the left arm (hand) & left leg (foot fingers) which is caused lately. This is stressful & pulling the entire body system/making nervous & facial expressions to become dull/speechless/look drowsy (very painful experience)...
Here I have few Questions:1) Are there any other good medications/drugs that could provide a better improvement in my health condition such as longer time of on periods and reduced stiffness.
2) Other than drugs would the options of Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) surgery or Stem cell treatment be better?
3) Which one of these options (DBS or stem cell treatment) would be better one and has a better quality or has a high success rate?
4) What would be the side effects or disadvantages of DBS and Stem Cell treatment?
5) Would any of these treatments relieve me further from taking on the medications and would these be permanent treatments?
6) After having the surgery or stem cell treatment then how often do I need to have the routine medical check ups?
7) How long would the surgery or the stem cell treatment take to bring in the progress in my health conditions?
8) If decided to have the surgery or stem cell treatment, how long would the patient need to be in the hospital?
9) What would be the cost of the whole package along with the treatment /surgery and admission and stay at Jaslok hospital or other reputed hospital for DBS surgery or the Stem cell treatment?
Thanks for all your time and the help.