I think it depends on the man and the goal. If you are fairly continent now, then waiting will probably be good, as it helps restretch your bladder and give the remaining muscle something to work against, providing feedback to you and your brain. If you leak then going as soon as the urge hits is probably best. Just my opinion, though. Personally, I try to wait as long as possible during the day, but go at night each time I waken from sleep, just to be safe.
Help support the forums so they can support you: https://www.healingwell.com/donate
4/19/07 PSA 7.6, referred to Urologist, recheck 6.7 06/05/07
7/11/07 Biopsy- 16 core samples, size of gland around 76 cc. Staging pT2c
7/17/07 Path report: 3 of 16 PCa, 5% involved, left lobe , GS 3/3:6.
9/24/07 Retropubic Radical Prostatectomy performed
9/26/07 Post-op Path Report: GS 3+3=6 Staging pT2c, 110gms, margins clear
10/15/07 ED- 25mg Viagra nightly-no joy
10/19/07 Dry 24 hrs, pad at night just in case
11/15/07 ED-continue 25mg Viagra, no response, begin Vacurect pump-
11/15/07 1st PSA-0.01, fully continent- no pads
12/17/07 ED- 3 mts.-continue Viagra and pump-no change-no response
01/01/08 First use of Caverject 2.5mcg, successful, erections at last