It's your decision, of course, but if it were me, I would want it completed no matter which way it went. Surgery is surgery and the after effects of either type is very similar. After all the physical and emotional prep for this, I couldn't comprehend waking up and being told I'd have to do it again later. I'd really be pissed...lol Having had the
open, I can tell you that my recovery time and such was equal to what I read here of the DaVinci guys, so it was a non-issue for me. But that's me, you will have to make your own decision as to what you wish them to do.. One tip for you. Lots of guys here decide a course of treatment, which takes a couple of months to get done, and in the meantime start worrying and second guessing their decision. Don't do that, make the decision and let the worry and second guessing go, unless something really compelling is found that makes you alter that. Spend the time waiting to try to get your body in better condition, gather all the post-surgery things you may need, take this time to enjoy family and friends, The other side is waiting, with its own set of worries and questioning...lol Good luck in what you decide.
4/19/07 PSA 7.6, referred to Urologist, recheck 6.7 06/05/07
7/11/07 Biopsy- 16 core samples, size of gland around 76 cc. Staging pT2c
7/17/07 Path report: 3 of 16 PCa, 5% involved, left lobe , GS 3/3:6.
9/24/07 Retropubic Radical Prostatectomy performed
9/26/07 Post-op Path Report: GS 3+3=6 Staging pT2c, 110gms, margins clear
10/15/07 ED- begin 25mg Viagra nightly, Fully continent
11/15/07 ED-continue 25mg Viagra, no response, begin Vacurect pump-
11/15/07 1st PSA-0.01
12/17/07 ED- 3 mts.-continue Viagra and pump-no change-no response
01/01/08 First use of Caverject 2.5mcg, successful, erections at last
01/14/08 Caverject abandoned due to pain and aching, Bimix ordered