Well my latest trip and follow-up PSA test just a week past the one year aniversary of my surgery, resulted in another slight increase and for the clinic reporting purposes it's now .3 up from .2, they round up all results. It's now pretty evident that I will need additional treatment and have a return appointment to get one last PSA and meet with surgeon and a radiologist to set the next plan of action in place. In my talking to my surgeon he is convinced it is localized and some radiation to the prostate bed should clear this up. My patholy report showed that it was contained but he did warn me that it was real close to one of the walls of the prostate so it was possible a wild cell or two might have survied and that must be the case. He also told me after I asked how common this was based on my stage and patholgy results that he only sees a 4% reacurrance in men based on my post surgery results, I always knew I was special but I would have much rather been in the group of 96% in this case. So that is where I choose to see the score as 1 to 1. I figure I won the first quarter in finding out I had it, taking action, had I not I might still not know today and it's growing in me at a much wilder rate. The second quarter of the game goes to PC, I thought I had surged across the goal line with surgery and knocked it out but not so fast, it's a tough little guy. But I have no intention of losing the game and will fight on. As funny as this might sound I slept better last night basically knowing and can chart this next course of action vs being kind of in limbo. So I now wait, which is the only bad part until the end of March for the one more PSA to validate the results and meeting with a radiologist. I know many here have faced this same plan with surgery and then radiation and take great hope that I can achieve results as you all have and no doubt may have questions as I go. Thanks for all the help in the past that many may not even know they have given me but you have, We will win this altogether and this will not get me.
Age 49, PSA 6.22 on 9-26-06
Biopsy 11-01-06, 2 of 13 cores 10% cancer, 2 other cores abnormal Up-dated 20% prostate cancerous
Gleason score 3+3=6 After Pathology report 4+3=7 a couple agressive Grade 5 cells found
Da Vinci surgery 01-09-07 UW Madison
Pathology Report- cancer 100 % capsual contained 1-18-07
Catheter removed 1-18-07 suffered bladder spasms Catheter reattached 1-18-07 Catheter removed 2nd time 1-24-07
1st & 2nd Post PSA Blood Test .1 and less - Undetectable
3nd Post PSA Blood Test 01-17-07 .3-Next action awaits me.
Next PSA Scheduled and meeting with Radiologist set for 3-27-08
Incontenence-Pad free since end of May 07 4 1/2 months post surgery
ED back to 95% prior to surgery - no medication required.
Post edited to change Norkie to Norskie in title : )
Post Edited By Moderator (bluebird) : 1/20/2008 1:16:22 PM (GMT-7)