I grew up a Dodgers fan watching Lopes. Hopefully it was caught early. Anyhow, what is below comes from ESPN.com news reports.
Phils say Lopes expected to make full recovery from prostate cancer
CLEARWATER, Fla. -- Philadelphia Phillies first base coach Davey Lopes has been diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Team officials say he is expected to make a full recovery.
Lopes will have surgery later this month and is expected to miss six weeks.
The cancer was found after Lopes went through a routine examination with the rest of the coaching staff on Feb. 12.
Lopes, 62, is entering his second season with the Phillies' coaching staff.
Jerry Martin, a minor league outfield and base-running coach in the organization, will take over temporarily as first base coach and outfield coordinator.
Prostate cancer diagnosed: May 15, 2006 (age 40)
Gleason score: pre-surgery 3+3=6; post-surgery 3+4=7
daVinci radical prostatectomy: July 25, 2006
size of tumor: approx 1.1 inches; negative margins from surgery
- number of pads/day at 3 months after surgery: 3 to 5
- number of pads/day at 4 months after surgery: 1 to 2
- number of pads/day at 6-18 months after surgery: 0 to 1
- 1st post-surgery PSA: 0 (Nov 2006); 2nd post-surgery PSA: 0 (Feb 2007)
- 3rd post-surgery PSA: 0 (May 2007); 4th post-surgery PSA: 0 (June 2007); 5th post-surgery PSA: 0
The search for timber: took Viagra/Cialis approx. every other day, ErecAid once a day, injections. Peyronie's diagnosed 7/5/07. Now on daily Cialis, L-arginine and pentoxyfylline. Peyronies has stabilized and significantly reversed.
- PGE1 batting average: .364 (4 for 11)
- Bimix batting average: .706 (12 for 17)
- Trimix batting average: .500 (1 for 2) Grand total 17 for 30 = .567
"Lost in the valley without my horses, no one can tell me what my remorse is..."
Post Edited (StrictlyInc) : 3/4/2008 6:46:25 AM (GMT-7)