Hi Again All,
Had Successful Da-Vinci (well maybe not!) @ INOVA Fairfax Va on 25 Feb 2008
My wife Joanne and I had a standard surgical follow-up appt with my surgeon, Dr Simon Chung, of Dominion Urology to discuss my surgery (removal of Prostate, saving of Nerves), Pathology report and get that darn Catheter out ha ha
My Biospies and all Pre-OP work indicated my PC was Stage-1 and was contained within the Prostate. However, today I found out the Cancer had progressed out of the Prostate into the neck of the Bladder. Biospies were taken during Da-Vinci that confirmed that fact. I was told I'm still in the 60-70% success range but should continue to monitor my PSA every 3 months and consider the possibility of Radiation at a later time based on how, or if the Cancer progresses.
I now sit here with Depends diapers on, performing Kagels as often as I can as I type this. One of my Pre-OP appointments, before I decided on Da-Vinci was to discuss with a Radiation Oncologist the possibility of Radiation, or Da-Vinci. The Oncologist indicated that surgery in my case was preferred over radiation, then if I had the cancer spread, or the Da-Vinci didnt get it all, I could always go back in with Radiation and "Clean Up."
OPINIONS, COMMENTS, SUCCESSTIONS Please?