To All Concerned
I had stated that the matter was before the Admin to the disatisfaction of a couple posters who have decided to become belligerent about it. I have deleted those threads and will continue to do so until Mr. Waite is able to be contacted. However, Rules violations in the related threads I observed since it first began are listed below. IMHO, Anyone who claims to have a breakthrough cure should be gracious and also willing to take their claims to the press and medical community rather than a forum dedicated to helping cancer patients communicate with each other. The threads were unpopular and/or contraversial at this and at other sites.
This notice does not discount any claims about the matter, but rather is intended to keep the peace at HealingWell.
Any member that is interested to contact the individual who posted this can contact me via email and I will forward the links to him at other forums that I know of.
Forum Rules State:
3. No posts that attack, insult, "flame", defame, or abuse members or non-members. Respect other members of the community and don’t belittle, make fun off, or insult another member or non-member. Decisions about health and well-being are highly personal, individual choices. "Flaming" and insults, however, will not be tolerated. Agree to disagree. This applies to both the forums and chat.
4. No advertising or links to advertising or "Spam" is permited (including signatures).
- Advertising or Spam is defined as posting a link for the purpose of selling, soliciting or promoting by someone that has ownership or other "vested interest" to the web site involved, including efforts to promote other online forums or web sites by web site owners.
- If you are a web site owner and have a link that fits into this category that you want to share, please submit it to our resource directory and we will review your submission.
- Posts and links about fundraising (including nonprofit fundraisers) are NOT permitted.
- Only links to personal home pages are allowed in signatures and member profiles. Links must be appropriate and abide by rules #1-4 or they will be removed.
- Links to helpful web sites (commercial or otherwise) are allowed when they are posted by someone without any "vested interest" AND whose purpose is NOT to solicit, advertise, promote, fundraise, etc.
5. No posts regarding research studies, surveys or clinical trials without obtaining prior approval from the forum administrator before posting to the forums.
7. No use of multiple usernames. Please register and use only one username for the forums. Posting under multiple user accounts will result in administrative action (ie. banning).
8. No posts of copyrighted material. Information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than the person posting should not be posted on the message boards without the consent of the owner.
10. No posts of an overtly political or religious nature OR posts promoting advocacy of particular personal, medical, legal, religious, political, or non-profit causes. The forums are intended for offering mutual personal support. Debating controversial subjects should be taken elsewhere. Limited religious references are allowed (ie. "my prayers are with you" or a brief quote as part of a larger post), but the forums should not be used to convert others.
13. Do not disrespect moderators. Be respectful in both the forums and any private communications with moderators. Moderators are volunteers that donate many, many hours of their own time to help in the forums and chat rooms. Violations of this rule will not be tolerated.
Users that do not abide by the rules may be subject to having their posts edited or deleted, their member account permanently banned from further access and/or deleted without notice.
Rules and guidelines may change at any time, please re-read them regularly.
Post Edited (TC-LasVegas) : 3/31/2008 12:39:27 AM (GMT-6)