i am 48 and was diagnosed with pc last thursday (psa 3.82 gc 3+4). i meet with the doctor next week to discuss options. i am scared but gaining acceptance each day. i may opt for the radiation beam thearapy but not sure yet. i have to wait and hear what the doctor says.
Boy it sure brings back some memories thinking about what might be going through your mind. You sure have a gambit of choices to pick from and the only advice I could give is learn as much as possible. Knowledge is Power. It gives you confidence in your decisions and it calms fear. Good luck in the coming weeks and stay with us...
Age 45 (44 when Dx)
Pre-op PSA was 19.8
Surgery on Feb 16, 2007
Post-Op Pathology: Gleason 4+3=7, positive margins, Stage pT3b (Stage III)
HT began in May, '07 with Lupron and Casodex 50mg
IMRT radiation for 38 Treatments ending August 3, '07
Current PSA (1/08): <0.1
I will continue HT until May '09.
Years in Remission (3/23/07): 1
Visit my Journey at:
Prostate Cancer Forum Moderator