Sorry your here but glad you came. I am about 20 days post surgery. I can not speak or advise but only share with you how I made my decision. I had three basic choices, wait, do some form of radiation or do surgery. I saw three surgeons, hind site I would have seen at least a radiation doctor. When a Doc said this treatment is the only way you can get a cure and your 95% of getting that with your early symptoms I could not hear anything else. I could not see the trees through the Forest.
With surgery even if I did not get the expected results at least the I knew we would cut off the head of the snake. It seemed surgery offered plan B (radiation) and plan C (hormone therapy) if surgery failed. And very important to me was that we would know what, where and how much we are dealing with.
With that said I choose the DaVinci robotic method. Less bleeding, faster recovery. I was told to choose a surgeon that has done 400 minimum procedures. Being still sexually active I choose nerve sparing as well.
Now hind site, After pathology I went from a T1C, Gleason 6, 1% involved (95%) cure ratio to a Gleason 7, T2C, 10% involved one bad margin and cancer found in a unusual location. Will that happen to you, who knows hope not indeed. I still have a 86% of being cured according to Doc. One PSA above .1 and I go to 20% chance. I am still in very good shape and have an excellant chance of beating this disease and I will.
My sexual function is pretty close to being back to normal while my continence is typical and slow. I did work at home 4 days after surgery and back part time in 11 days and full time with limitations 18 days after. Little pain,30 hours in hospital.
Stay with us, this site has an unlimited amount of knowledge, support, experience and an endless supply of love and compassion. What ever you choose we will be with you all the way.