Posted 4/21/2008 8:08 PM (GMT -6)
My first suggestion is to do as much research and ask as many questions as you can. Perhaps there is a less invasive form of treatment that might suit your husband's needs better than surgery. Not saying there is, but do not just assume that surgery is the answer. In my case, I felt surgery was the best answer, but my biopsy results showed a very aggressive cancer and my PSA was rising VERY quickly.
Re. the Chicago area, Frank1205, email address (edit) click here...> Frank1205 lives in the Chicago burbs and had Davinci surgery at the University of Chicago in late March. He posts here fairly often.
Best of luck to you and your husband.
Nerve-sparing, open prostate surgery November 13, 2007
Gleason score 9, PSA 14
Biopsy result - 9 of 12 sticks showed cancer
Despite high Gleason score, cancer was confined to the prostate
Possible post-surgery radiation therapy...decision likely in late April 2008, depending upon PSA at that time
Unrelated surgery January 2008 delayed incontinence recovery, which is now showing good signs of improvement (fraction of a pad a day as of March 2008)
Began using Viagra 3 times a week December 2007 to stimulate blood flow
Began using Osbon Erec-Aid Esteem manual pump for therapy mid-February 2008
Will probably begin using bimix injections in addition to Viagra and pump in May 2008
Post edited to mask personal e-mail address...
(you must be signed on to the forum to view e-mail address if member has it activated)
v bluebird ~ Moderator for Prostate Cancer Forum
Post Edited By Moderator (bluebird) : 4/22/2008 7:49:19 PM (GMT-6)