I was going to start a new thread but figured I'd just add to this one:
- my first treatment was almost three weeks ago (June 9th)
- I felt 'out of it' for 2-3 days. Was probably the combo of anxiety and all the steroids.
- by day 4 began to get back aches and feel generally flu-ish. Nothing a little Advil and
a heating pad couldn't help.
- I laid on the sofa Saturday and Sunday and watched the US
- By Monday the 16th I was back to normal
- My white blood count is very low (normal around 11; mine as 1.9 on the 16th and 2.6 on the 23rd) Nuelasta may be in the future?
- As Walt warned, I have a greater appetite
- No hair loss (YEA!!!)
Yesterday, during my weekly golf game I pointed out to my friend Mark "Overall, I haven't felt this good in months". Seriously, the small aches and pains in my legs, hips and back are gone. This was right in the middle of a string of holes were I went; par, par, birdie, bogey!!! The birdie was nearly a hole in one!!!! Believe me, I'm not that good!
So now I have a the weekend to enjoy before treatment number two on Monday.
Walt - I'm praying for you tonight
Peace be with all of you and thanks for the continued support!!!
PSA 219, bone mets, lymph node involvement
Gleason Score: 7
Taxotere + Prednisone + Atrasentan
[started June 9th]