I am on Medicare and elected proton radiation therapy for my treatment (which unfortunately is probably the most expensive treatment for PCa because of the huge cost, $100-$150 million, to construct a proton radiation treatment center). Medicare paid 80% of the cost of my treatment and the other 20% was paid for by my supplemental insurance (AARP). It covered all of my doctor bills, including 2nd opinions. I feel very blessed to have Medicare insurance. Based on my experience, I believe that all other forms of PCa treatment would be covered by Medicare. You can phone Medicare directly and they can tell your exactly what is covered (the phone number should be on your Medicare Insurance card).
The 2nd opinion on the biopsy is based on the slides from the initial biopsy. I actually ended up getting a 3rd opinion when I consulted with a top medical oncologist specializing in PCa to help me evaluate all of my treatment options and the potential success rate of each one. I don't know where you live, but I highly recommend that you find a medical oncologist at a top prostate cancer treatment center to help you in your treatment decision making process. This was really a blessing for me in making the final decision.
We are about the same age--you might want to read my journey with PCa--see my footnote below for the link to it. I am one year post-treatment and have luckily had no urinary or bowel problems to date.
Best of luck to you in selecting your treatment and eradicating your PCa.
P.S. Here is a link to a recent interesting article in Forbes magazine on Andy Grove. It seems that he has beat PCa, but now has the challenge of fighting Parkinson's disease which is sad. http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2008/0128/070.html