I can't answer your question as to having a nodule return in the prostate bed that was cancerous but the assumption with me was I probably had microscopic cells that survied thus my rising PSA again after a few months and now 15 months after surgery. I guess unless someone here knows if it's large enough would they do surgery again and remove this nodule and also preform other treatments such as radiation or would they just do these treatments without surgery. I am donw to my final 3 days of salvage radiation and should meet with the doctor on Monday unless they hold me off until Wednesday but I will ask what his thoughts would be. For the record I have done well, only minor side effects that I have handled rather easy and a couple of days where I have felt tired but I also did some pretty good time driving in a car and attending meetings and that can ware me out anyway.
Take care and know you are in my prayers and thoughts.
Age 49, PSA 6.22 on 9-26-06
Biopsy 11-01-06, 2 of 13 cores 10% cancer, 2 other cores abnormal Up-dated 20% prostate cancerous
Gleason score 3+3=6 After Surgery Pathology report 4+3=7 a couple agressive Grade 5 cells found
Da Vinci surgery 01-09-07 UW Madison
Pathology Report- cancer 100 % capsual contained 1-18-07
1st & 2nd Post PSA Blood Test .1 and less - Undetectable
3nd Post PSA Blood Test 01-17-07 .3
March 27th PSA .4 Begin Salvage Radiation April, 14 2008
Incontenence-Pad free since end of May 07 4 1/2 months post surgery
ED back to 95% prior to surgery - no medication required.