After thinking long and hard, Bob decided to do radiation treatment since his biposy came back cancerous for the nodule found in the prostrate bed. We often wonder if we should have done this a year ago when his psa level was rising but we decided to follow the advise of the urologist and wait and see. Who knows what the right decision is go with what we feel is right and pray that we beat this ugly thing. He is doing well with minor side effects and hope the following weeks will be as good. He is receiving tomo therapy and feels very positive about it. It was a bad night last night for he had lots of hip pain and was up every two hours and you know where you mind goes when you feel these pains. He has had this pain in his hip for the past few months now and it will be interesting to see if it goes away after his treatment. It is hard mentally for both of us having him gone during the week while I work and he tries to fill his day. Because treatment is two hours away and fuel prices what they are, we decided he would stay in our fifth wheel during the week and come home during the weekend. Well, the first week was pretty hard so we have decided he will come home one day a week and I will travel to him one day a week. We get our inspiration from reading the other posts and it has help. I am so glad we found this forum and have passed it on to others. We have a friend that was just diagnosed with 3+3 and a family history of father, brother and now him age 53. His current family doctor has advised him to wait another three months adn draw another psa before making his decision, I have urged him to read the story of others in this forum and decide if he wants to wait three months.
Has anyone else had tomo therapy?