James C. said...
I think the numbers and info he is using is from his deceased Dad's path and biopsy report, and his Dad died cancer free. The poster has a 4.4 psa and no detectable anything with DRE and ultrasound and is waiting to have or is trying to decide if he wants a biopsy for himself as recommended by his doctor, considering his Dad's history of high-risk PCa.
You are absolutely correct. All of the information in this thread regards my deceased father's diagnosis and course of therapy.
I'm still collecting information and saw the pathology report, therefore my question.
Thanks to all who are posting answers for me. I do appreciate all of your input and support.
It may look like I've disappeared every now and then. Life gets busy and I can't spend time on the boards consistently. Please trust that I'm here and active.
When I do my biopsy I'll be sure to post results (and update my sig).
I am age 47 - Father, Paternal Uncle and Maternal Grandfather had/have Prostate Cancer. Father 74 years old, PSA = 10.6 Gleason = 5 + 5 = 10 (very aggressive) and high involvement in all cores. Seed therapy is the only option. Father died cancer free.
6/4/08 - At physical DRE normal, PSA test returns 4.4
6/20/08 - First Urologist visit. DRE and ultrasound finds nothing conclusive. Doctor says biopsy is the only safe way to go. Prostate volume is 40 grams.
7/08 - deciding if I want stereotactic transpareneal prostate biopsy or rectal