I've actually thought about
this question for months as PCa has changed my life for both good and bad.
On the bad side:
- Up until last year I was working my way to a third degree black belt in Karate. Because of my dizziness I've had to give this up. Spinning jump kicks dizziness so not mix well. The dizziness is more depressing than the ED.
- I'm less tolerant of stupidity and poor decisions. In the past if someone wanted to make a moronic boneheaded move I'd just shut my mouth and let them. Now I'm more apt to tell them what I think. Life is too short to suffer fools.
- ED... But I'm learning to cope and live with this.
- Emotional swings. Prior to PCa I was a Man's Man who rarely showed emotion... I'm crying as I type this.
On the Positive side:
- I've replaced my Karate with a Gym membership. I now go to the gym with my two daughters. One is trying to make the provincial finals for wrestling, and the other just made a travel hockey team. My wife has her third degree promotion next month.
- I spend less time at work and more with my family.
- Celebrating my 21st wedding anniversary at a hockey tournament in Columbus Ohio last week. I’m looking forward to many more.
- After being diagnosed I did a complete review of the family saving, and was reassured that my wife and daughter would be fine. Being frugal has finally paid off.
Age: 43 (2008)
DRE Small Ridge on prostate, PSA 1.5
07/2007: Diagnosed cancer, T2c, Gleason 3+4=7
08/2007: Bone Scan found something on my skull. PCa surgery on hold
Had piece of skull removed to test for PCa.
09/2007: Laparoscopic prostectomy @ Hamilton General, 4 hrs.
Both nerve bundles spared
Pathology Report: Tumour confined w/in prostate
T2c, Gleason is 3+3=6
Went home with JP drain
10/2007: Made return trip to hospital. All urine was coming out JP drain.
10/2007: Catheter removed. Next to no leakage
11/2007: 1st PSA <.003. Started Viagra for ED, no response yet.
Having some issue with Vertigo from skull operation.
12/2007: Had confidence to go padless!!!!!
12/2007: ED: Stopped Viagra as it's causing hemroid problems.
01/2008: 2nd PSA <.003 :) ED: next to no response.
Vertigo is subsiding.
04/2008: 3nd PSA <.003 :) ED: Changed the Viagra prescription.
07/2008: 4nd PSA <.003 :) ED: Still NADA. Changing to Cialis.
Dizzy spells are occurring more often
09/2008: Trying Levitra
Post Edited (Roger G) : 9/22/2008 6:12:14 AM (GMT-6)