Thanks for all your replies! I sure appreciate all your perspectives on PC and the best way to approach it---the more I read and listen the better off I am.
Frankly, I'm thinking right now that I just want to get rid of this very soon while it is still in a relatively small state. I really hate the thought of radiation and would rather save it for later if necessary. Of course the crux of all this are the possible side effects, but if I am going to have to remove it at some point why not now before things get worse? This is an ongoing thought process but I think this is the direction I am leaning toward. My wife underwent a double masectomy 2 years ago after finding out she had the her-2 (spelling?) gene and cancerous masses detected, and she (and I) are satisfied with outcome. She understands the issues and is completely supportive of whatever decision I come to.
Tony: I checked into City of Hope's program and they look top notch but after checking with them it turns out my HMO won't fund their treatment so I'm out of luck there. I am probably going to have to undergo surgery at Torrance Memorial Center as that is where the HMO is based and contracted to, but I am still researching those aspects.
Selmer: the URO doc told me that his decision to biopsy was based on the PSA score completely. Anything over PSA 2.5 he said he would biopsy. I wasn't keeping track of PSA at all up until recently as I was not even aware of the importance of it, but earlier this summer I had a 3.5 that was reduced to 3.1 as a result of a course of Cipro for 4 weeks, thus indicating a bout of prostatitus I suppose. DRE was clear, nothing detected. Prior years PSA I don't know, but when I got the latest PSA results, 3.1 and 26%, I thought they weren't too bad, of course, I was wrong........