Yes I'm back. I have been gone too long and ask for your understanding. It has been very busy over the past few months. No good excuses for not helping friends. Please forgive me.
Just to get you all back up to speed on what is going on.
1. Chemo did not work. It just kicked my rearend.
2. Came off prednisone too quick and paid the price with bone and joint pain.
3. Chemo did nerve damage to my feet and legs. (my 100 meter time is terrible)
4. Hair is back, but it's almost all grey and wavey.
5. My football team had an awful year and lost to "Bama". (I'm depressed)
6. Latest bone scan came back with increases to left ribs, T6 & L4 (spine) and pelvis. New small spots on right rib and L1.
1. My mom is finally out of the hospital (at home with us) and getting better.
2. I just started my clinical (12-1-2008) trial on Abiraterone.
The clinical trial is a stage 3 trial that is showing great promise for all PC patients. I will keep everyone up to date on how things are going. Just how good is this drug? One young man (age 72) on the trial, he is 2 months ahead of me, has had his PSA drop from 98 to 3 in two months with NO SIDE EFFECTS. How good is that? It feels good to be on the front lines with this trial. It will help so many in the near future. I just pray that I get the drug and not the "sugar pill".
So, it's good to be back and with my "other" family.
As usual, War Eagle, baby.
Age: 55 ( still alive at 55)
PSA 43 7/2005
Biopsy 12/14 Gleason 7 & 9
Divinci 9/2005 - spread to bladder
HT - 10/2005 (Eligard every 6 months)
RT - 10/2005 (38 treatments)
PSA 0.12 to 1.9 2/2007
Bone Scan and CT 4/2007 Bone mets
Zometa infusions 4/2007
PSA 4.8 8/2007
PSA 6.34 12/2007
Radiation (15 treatments) started on bone mets 12/2007
PSA 6.72 1/2008
PSA 8.23 2/2008 - Starting prednisone for 30 days
PSA 14 2-29-2008 - start chemo on 3/12
PSA 12.82 3/1/2008 round one chemo
PSA 12.24 4/2/2008 round two chemo
PSA 10.86 4/24/2008 round three chemo
PSA 10.4 5/15/2008 round four chemo - increase dosage next month
PSA 12.98 6/5/2008 round five chemo
PSA 13.63 6/26/2008 round six chemo
PSA 10.46 7/17/2008 no chemo
PSA 4.56 8/28/2008 no chemo, Zometa and 6 month Eligard shot
PSA 9.25 12/1/2008 start clinical trial
Visit my journey at www.caringbridge.com/visit/walterwhited
"I will persist without exception - I will find a way where there is no way"