Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement/advice. They mean a lot to me.
Some of you had questions/comments:
Scott: My father had problems with delayed urination and slow flow and decided to get it checked. DRE (felt something), then blood work (elevated PSI), then MRI (they saw a small nodule), then the biopsy (cancer). & Scott my heart goes out to you. I just read your writeup. You are a brave man. You have been through a lot...I wish you a speedy & complete recovery.
Z-bob: My father has started on some anti-androgen pills.
Doting Daughter: You had mentioned that people typically wait 6-8 weeks after the biopsy. But what if it spreads during that time??
So why wouldn't each day of surgery postponement matter? I understand the risks of surgery, but isn't cancer going out of the prostate and into other organs just a function of time? And if that is the case, wouldn't a surgery done sooner be always be better than one done later? Sorry if I'm being really naive in my rationalizing....perhaps its just initial panic setting in, but can someone please take a shot at the question?
Again thank you all. I wish you/your loved ones a quick & complete recovery.