Hi all can someone give me a hand,, my Dr. told me this morning he is perplexed.
June of 08 had a TURP do to poor urination (history of BPH)
PSA was 2.4
TURP chips sent to lab 1 of 8 contained 3+3=6 the one chip was totally inundated.
Aug 08 PSA dropped to 0.43
Dec 08 PSA still 0.43
Dec 08 prostate biopsy 12 cores taken, 1 core 1.1mm 3+3=6 1%
Jan 30-09 Da Vinci RP
Prostate sent to 2 labs one of which was John Hopkins
No cancer in prostate was the report from both
March 03-09 PSA 0.42 (one month later)
I see here on the boards guys have 0.00 post RP after 30 days. What is up with me? I actually question the method the lab in Bakersfield used when slicing the prostate for biopsy. There must be a mistake made somewhere. Dr. says wait 30 days. I think I'll take one in 30 days then 60. What do I do now to determine if in fact I still have cancer . All indications were that mine was contained. Dr. did no samples of nerves , seminal vescles or lympth nodes due to low PSA. He described my prostate as extremly small and he had a difficult time with it, could there be prostate tissue still there showing a PSA? I don't know I'm confused and upset. it's been 30 days and I am still using 4-5 pads a day for urine. I am just recently starting to hold in urine enough to urinate in the toilet. Night time I go about 2 times and still leave a pretty good amount in the diaper. (small progress) Any help would be greatly appriciated.