Not sure of your first question, my original urologist wanted me to have "open" surgery, Or after I indicated I was interested in the Davinci (Robotic) surgery, he pointed me towards lapricopic surgery. He was pretty set against robotic.
Post op pathology was cancer at the margins, and Dr. Wilson did extensive scraping and cleaning the prostate bed prior to closing up.
On the exercise, I diligently work out, and I ski hard every weekend. However, once my original diagnosis, I continued to ski, but quit working out. I gained quite a bit of weight, and have never really dropped it. Again, for the past 6-7 weeks, I again became lethargic, and very inactive. This past week I have gotten back into my routine, and will continue the workouts.
The suggestion to drink lots of water will be taken to heart, and I will begin to consume more. I never really got that recommendation from my treatement center!
My treatment is external beam radiation, at 60-70 Gy. Not sure if that answers your question!
My original post, you mentioned we probably passed each other in the hallway. Not sure if the almost 6 months from diagnosis to surgery was a factor in the margins issue, but it sure could not have helped the situation. For that reason alone, I have decided I am not waiting for any future treatement. I want to beat this thing to death.
Thanks for all the input.
Diagnosed with PC in 2006 @ age 48
Oncologist believes I should take a wait and see approach, But is ordering baseline bone scan. Bone scan negative.
Began Radiation on 3/9/2009 after visiting with a consulting urologist, and recommendations from COH.