Still a bit clumsy at navigating threads and proper posting on this forum so forgive me if i am repetitious.
Finally got a call from my urologist last night concerning the frightening path reports from my RRP on 3/26. As I suggested in an earlier post, everything was much worse than expected. A Gleason 9 tumor consuming 80% of gland. Positive margins, positive sem vesicles and unfortunately 2 of 9 nodes positive. He feels that the best option is to wait until there is a significant rise in PSA and begin hormonal therapy. He felt that given my stats this was only realistic course of action. I trust his opinion but I was disappointed that his path of attack was so narrow. Obviously my disease is seriously advanced but as I understand the protocol, hormonal approaches usually only hold up for a year or two before the cancer regroups and mounts another advance. My intention is to seek the advice of an oncologist in the interim, but the wait and see approach at this juncture makes me really uncomfortable. Does a node positive pathology always contraindicate any local treatment? Will chemo be the only option after hormonal? Yeah I know ... these are questions for my dr. but we all throw them out there anyway. Best to all my brothers in the trenches
Oncas (Jim)Added a Subject for archiving purposes
Post Edited By Moderator (James C.) : 4/10/2009 5:53:07 PM (GMT-6)