I sincerely hope that all are well and continuing the good fight.
I'll see my urologist(surgeon) this week for the first appt since my RRP on Mar 26th. As my signature indicates the pathology was poor and scary.
He has already suggested that some form of ADT is my only real option and that he probably would defer that until my PSA (drawn today) indicated that it was necessary. I assume that the positive nodes will not allow an undetectable result on this test, so I guess that this treatment should commence soon. I intend to get an opinion of a good medical oncologist if my insurance permits, although I suspect that the advice will be similar. My incontinence has not really improved much since the catheter removal .. I acquired an AFEX system to allow me to return to work next week and I'm hoping for the best.
I'm trying to collect questions to ask during this consult so that I can better define my focus and direction for the battle ahead.
Are there any troopers of the ADT protocol out there who can share what's in store for me down the road and arm me with the information that I need to keep on keepin' on here?
This post is probably not very cohesive but I hope I'm not too terribly scattered. Thanks for any advice. Keep fighting.
11/08/08 annual checkup (3 yrs late) PSA 8.04 from previously 2.7 in !!/05
1/23/09 biopsy 12 cores positive, 10 cores Gleason 7, 2 cores Gleason 8 70% tumor
2/06/09 cat +bone scans clean ..
3/26/09 RRP surgery Post op path .. upgraded to Gleason 9 (5+4), seminal vesicles involved, several positive margins, 2 of 9 lymph nodes positive.
4/4/09 Dr. advising wait for significant rise in PSA and initate hormonal treatment.