MUSE - Head's up (so to speak)

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

kcragman
Regular Member


Date Joined May 2008
Total Posts : 240
   Posted 5/15/2009 9:27 AM (GMT -6)   
During my PSA check up yesterday, even though I am having good results with Cialis and the pump, my doctor wanted me to try Muse - right there, right on the spot, in the office.
 
So, with my back turned to my wife, the doctor watched me work the weird little applicator (you shove it in about two inches and push a plunger which applies it in a little further). There was some warmth, maybe a little burning. Then he left the room with orders for me to "work it" and see what happens. Well, I laid down on the patient table-bed thing and could not get anything going (it was SO romantic). After a few minutes I sat up and it felt like the stuff rolled down to the tip of my member, and I was experiencing signigicant burning. After watching me pace back and forth for awhile, my wife said, "Why don't you go pee it out?"
 
So I did. It felt like I was pee'ing um, oh yeah, napalm. Not a good thing. Fortunately, I did not actually scream in the clinic bathroom, but you get the idea.
 
So when the doctor came back to the examing room to see me standing there in significant discomfort, he said, "Yeah, in a very small percentage of patients this will happen." Well, ding! Guess what percentage I am in.
 
So - just a head's up. For some guys Muse is magic. For others - not so much.
 
kcragman
Age: 53; 52 at DX
March 2006: PSA 2.5
Dec 2007: PSA taken for insurance application. I did not see the results until late
Jan '08 - after I was rejected. Their lab said PSA 4.5.
Feb 2008: PSA 3.7.
March 2008: Biopsy. Gleason 7 (4+3) 12 cores taken. 5 on the left side were
cancerous and the 6th was suspect.
May 5, 2008: Da Vinci robotic laparoscopy at GW Hospital, Washington DC.

Post op: Gleason 9 (4+5). 15% of prostate involved. Stage: pT3a. Negative margins. Lymph node and nerve samples taken, and appeared to be cancer free.

July 2008: PSA at 7 weeks was undetectable.
August 2008: PSA at 14 weeks (3 months) was undetectable.
Nov 2008: PSA at 6 months was undetectable.
Feb 2009: PSA at 9 months was undetectable.


hb2006
Regular Member


Date Joined Nov 2008
Total Posts : 299
   Posted 5/15/2009 9:40 AM (GMT -6)   

I don't know where your doctor has been, but MUSE works for only about 35% of the guys that try it. The other 65% get your experience, which included me.

I had your exact same response.


Age 60
PSA 2007 4.1
PSA 2008 10.0
Diagnosed April 2008
Biopsy: 6 of 12 cores positive
Gleason 4 + 5 = 9
CT and Bone Scan negative
Open surgery at Shawnee Mission Medical Center May 21, 2008
Right side nerves spared
Radical prostatectomy and lymph node dissection
Cather removed on June 3rd, totally dry on July 9th
pT2c
lymph nodes negative
PSA Sept 28, 2008 0.00
PSA Jan 22, 2009 0.00


rob2
Veteran Member


Date Joined Apr 2008
Total Posts : 1132
   Posted 5/15/2009 8:15 PM (GMT -6)   
thanks for the heads up - sort of. My doctor mentioned he may start me on injections but I keep telling him I am getting better each day. I will avoid the muse should I go for the injections.
 
Age 49
occupation accountant
PSA increased from 2.6 to 3.5 in one year
biopsy march 2008 - cancer present gleason 7
Robotic Surgery May 9, 2008 - houston, tx
Pathology report -gleason 8, clear margins
12 month  PSA <.04 (low as the machine will go)
continent at 10 weeks (no pads!)
ED is still an issue but getting better

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Friday, August 17, 2018 3:53 AM (GMT -6)
There are a total of 2,993,619 posts in 328,105 threads.
View Active Threads


Who's Online
This forum has 161237 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Jennifer Thomas.
203 Guest(s), 3 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
teffeehewr, lotuslight, Geadview