Jerry, good answer and clarification, sounds like you are dealing with higher level dr's than I have access to. This is one reason why I have decided to put off the rush to get me into salvage radiation for at least a month, and to have my PSA tested again on August 11th. I would personally be uncomfortable if mine was ever at .20 or higher, and especially if it got there fast.
Just can't shake the idea that the radiation center is fishing for business, because i know what 35 rounds of radiation would do for them. I want it when and if I need it, not to accomdate their bottom line. Too many possible consequences for me if I take it at a time when I don't really need it.
Thanks for you help too, I think we would all agree, it is a jungle out there like Bro. Zufas always likes to say, and even the experts don't agree with one another. So it makes it hard for us mere mortals to make the tough calls sometimes.
David in SC
Age 57, 56 at DX, PSA 7/7 5.8, 7/8 12.3,9/8 14.5
3rd Biopsy Sept 08: Positive 7 of 7 cores, 40-90%, Gleason 7, 4+3
Open RP surgery 11/14/8, Right nerves spared, 4 days hospital, staples out 11/24/8, 5th cath out on 1/19/9
Post-surgery Pathlogy Report:Gleason 3+4=7, pT2c, 42 grm, tumor 20%, Contained in capsule, one post. margin, clear lymph nodes
First PSA Post Surgery 2/9 .05, 5/9 .10, 6/9 .11, 8/11 ?
Lastest 7/13 met with Rad. Oncl, they want to start radiation, 70 gray, I am still considering all options and opinions