Just a quick update, 4 full days now being released from, as someone referenced, Catherine the 7th. Still flowing pretty decent, no major accidetns to report. If I wait too long to pee, could have a problem if it started before I was ready, so dealing with minor incontinence issues, but very minor. Still no pad by day. Nights make me nervous because of sleep inducing meds. Hope this part of my life is behind me for a good while.
Meet with my uro/surgeon on Monday afternoon, and going to have a good heart to heart about what I should really be doing next.
David in SC
57, 56 at DX, PSA
7/7 5.8, 7/8 12.3,9/8 14.5
3rd Biopsy Sept 08: Positive 7 of 7 cores, 40-90%, Gleason 7, 4+3
Open RP surgery 11/14/8, Right nerves spared, 4 days hospital, staples out 11/24/8, 5th cath out on 1/19/9
Pathlogy Report:Gleason 3+4=7, pT2c, 42 grm, tumor 20%, Contained in capsule, one post. margin, clear lymph nodes
2009 PSA 2/9 .05, 5/9 .10, 6/9 .11, 8/9 .16
Lastest 7/13 met with Rad. Oncl, considering options, 7/20 Catheter #6 after complete blockage, 8/14 met with Rad Oncl, 8/18 - laser scope surgery to clear blockage, now on Cath #7, 8/26 - cath removed