Posted 10/4/2009 7:44 AM (GMT -7)
Wife and I met 9/30 with our Urologist/Surgeon. Although pleased with the Post-op PSA result of <0.01, he doesn’t want to wait around for more PSAs, so I’m meeting with a Prostate Oncologist and a Radiation Oncologist on 10/8 to decide whether to start radiation therapy and which form, (adjuvant or wait for salvage) or to go all the way with NeoAdjuvant Combination therapy, in which we start HT (Lupron) for 2 months, then begin the radiation. I’m concerned about doing hormone therapy as I’ve read that there is a higher risk of heart attack for CAD patients taking the Lupron. Seems the testosterone is helpful in protecting the heart. That question will be at the top of my list. I’ll post again after the oncologist consults. Comments welcome.
BTW, UroDoc says I can go sailing, so on 10/17 I will be at Riverton NJ YC to race with my son and daughter-in-law on their J-22. Got to keep living!
All the best.