Mel, missing something in your question, you might need to re-phrase it.
First biopsy - 8/2007 12 core Negative for PC, some High Grade PIN found
Second biopsy - 8/2008 12 core Negative for PC, lots of High Grade PIN, "suspicious shadows" to the left side Prostate
Third biopsy - 9/2008 7 core, all targeted into the "suspicous shadows", came back 7 positive of 7 cores for PC
Why would that keep me from surgery? That's why I don't understand the question. My uro/surgeon had a gut feeling on the 2nd biopsy that something was wrong, I wanted to wait a full year for a 3rd biopsy, he talked me into the 3rd, and his hunch (based on a lot of experience) was correct. Had I waited another year, my case may have been much worse.
I went into surgery as a Gleason 7 (4+3), but post surgery pathology showed it as a Gleason 7 (3+4)
Surgery would be a normal option for a Gleason 7, my age, and a PSA that was above 16 prior to surgery. So please ask again if this doesn't answer what you were thinking
57, 56 dx, PSA: 7/07 5.8, 7/08 12.3, 9/08 14.5, 10/08 16.33rd Biopsy
: 9/08 - 7/7 Positive, 40-90% Cancer, Gleason 4+3Open RP:
11/08, Rht nerves saved, 4 days in hospt, on catheters for 63 days, 5th one out 1/09Path Rpt
: Gleason 3+4, pT2c, 42g, 20% cancer, 1 pos margin
Incontinence: 1 Month ED: Non issue at any point post surgery
Post Surgery PSA: 2/09 .05,5/09 .1, 6/09 .11. 8/09 .16
Latest: 7/9 met 2 rad. oncl, 7/9 cath #6 - blockage, 8/9 2nd corr surgery, 8/9 cath #7 out 38 days, 9/9 - met 3rd rad. oncl., mapped 9/9, 10/1 - 3rd corr. surgery - SP cath/hard dialation, 10/5 - began IMRT SRT - 39 sess/72 gys cath #8 33 days, 11/2- SP Cath #9 in place