Sonny, I wanted to answer your quickly as soon as I saw this.
Before I give you my opinion, what are you thinking here? What would be any purpose of putting off the RT?
With your strong .6 so soon after surgery, and being that have been comfirmed a Stage 3 by surgery, you are sitting on the edge of your best window for the RT to work. Based on my own doctors
, the very best shot is when reaccurance is at or under .5. You are already over that. The next best window is from .6 to 1.0. Beyond 1.0, my group feels it won't do much good.
You are set to do this thing Monday, you have a great doctor
, and you are still in a good window of recovery. Unless you are holding back on something you know about
your own case, it sounds incredibly risky to delay or not have the treatment. The other drugs at this time will give you a false sense of security by masking and lowering the numbers, for now.
Please tell me what you are thinking, or give me a phone call. Something diffferent is going on here, not sure what.
David in SC
57, 56 dx, PSA: 7/07 5.8, 7/08 12.3, 9/08 14.5, 10/08 16.33rd Biopsy
: 9/08 - 7/7 Positive, 40-90% Cancer, Gleason 4+3Open RP:
11/08, Rht nerves saved, 4 days in hospt, on catheters for 63 days, 5th one out 1/09Path Rpt
: Gleason 3+4, pT2c, 42g, 20% cancer, 1 pos margin